Manfred Mann's Earth Band @ Olvashallen, Trondheim, Norway 2024-10-20 (raw wav) **fixed link*

After flying from Tromso to Copenhagen (sleep in airport) to Frankfurt to LAX to Van Nuys to dearly neglected's house to home, I can finally reupload this. 

Recorded 3 other shows, more later



I said the bucket ain't too deep now.

But a few years ago I stumbled across the amazing Rockpalast 2000 show and played it over and over again and also grabbed the DVD box set off Ebay. And added it to the list of bands that will likely never play the U.S. again. Last time was 1977.

Manfred Mann turns 84 tomorrow! Love Mick Rogers playing.

Been trying to get back to Europe but the amount of planning involved, at least for me, always makes it a daunting task. Started out looking at Demolition 23 in Helsinki, then maybe Therapy? in Helsinki followed by Manfred Mann in Oslo but didn't care for the T? setlist and in the end decided to do a few days in Trondheim and a few in Tromso.

Forgot my laptop cable so what meant to be several hours in a lounge at Gatwick watching YouTube ended up being 2 hours in London around Victoria Square checking out Buckingham Palace, stuffing myself with an amazing lunch at St James Cafe and only getting a eek outside the Churchill War Room before having to turn around and head back to the airport.

Ended up sleeping at Oslo airport! Also stumbled across a local jazz band of kids in the Olvashallan complex.

Anyway laptop is about to die so I can't really type any more.

Bumped levels down at 6:50 but they boosted the house sound up at some point tho I didn't touch levels again.

Included pictures I took on camera my dearly neglected (still home) gave me and a picture of the setlist.

Enjoy!

https://pixeldrain.com/u/isqeQagz

 


LIMITED TIME / LAST TIME

Comments



  1. Sorry kids, I can't even log in on my phone to delete this. Unless someone in Trondheim can loan me a laptop power cable, it's gonna have to wait until I get back. Here for a few more days if anyone can recommend anything.

    It's a circle of endless email verifications thru accounts not on this phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time in London man! Its pretty sick there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same person here, but thank you so much for all of the concerts! I love them!

      Delete
  3. Hi Dan! I realise I’m very late to this, but is there any chance you might be willing to re-upload your Manfred Mann’s Earth Band recording from Olavshallen, Trondheim on 20 October 2024?

    I was actually at this concert and have been trying to find a recording of the night. I was delighted when I found your post, only to discover that the Pixeldrain link had expired!

    I’d absolutely love to hear the concert again, particularly as it’s the exact show I attended. If you still have the original WAV files and wouldn’t mind making them available again, I’d be enormously grateful.

    Thanks for recording and preserving the show in the first place!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tracked version should be here, the raw one might still be around but easily inaccessible https://ijwthstd.blogspot.com/2026/07/manfred-manns-earth-band-trondheim.html

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Queen + Thin Lizzy @ Seattle, WA 1977-03-13

My Want List