Random Encounter With A Drunk Guy (2010)

At the Paul Di'Anno show about ten minutes before he went on.

 

Some really drunk dude approached me and asked if I had weed, which I didn't. "Damn it, I can smell it but I can't find it." I couldn't smell it. He said something to 2 women in front of us and they walked away. I wish I had that luxury but I really wanted to be in that particular spot.

 

Then he started singing along to Whitesnake's Crying In The Rain, hitting some catsex high notes, then some awful power ballad I didn't recognize. After it was over he said to me "Come On Dude, That's A Classic." I just shrugged. He said "This is what I listened to when I was your age." Is this dude 60 years old or did he just hear the song for the first time yesterday? I would have estimated he was pretty close to whatever age I am right now. When I was however old he thinks I am now I went to great lengths to avoid stuff like that.

 

Then he asked me who I am listening to now. I really have no idea how to answer a question like that so I told him I go to so many shows, 27 so far this year, that I don't have time to listen to music. His jaw just sorta dropped, then he smiled and said "Right on!" Then he starts looking confused again and says "who's playing here?" After I tell him, he says "oh yeah, that's right" and thankfully wanders off because I didn't want him standing next to me all night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neil Young & Crazy Horse (aka Neil Young & Santa Monica Flyers) @ The Roxy 2023-09-20 + 21

Last Call / Brief Intermission