Dee Dee Ramone at the Cat Club 2002-01-05

After contributing to a shows I saw this date in history thread I zeroed on this gem from 2002, Dee Dee Ramone played every Saturday in December 2001 and January 2002 at this now defunct hole in the wall. Unfortunately I never even found out the Dec 22 show, day of, via an email from a German Ramones fan. Then I got really sick for a few weeks and was physically unable to make the Jan 12 show so ultimately only hit 5 shows.

I was sick a lot in general this time period, I think smoking weed with my next door neighbor passing the same disease back and forth all summer. I was barely functional in general this period and only started to come back to life late spring. Fast forward eighteen years and I believe I just went an entire calendar year without being sick with anything all year.

Dee Dee and his band playing mostly covers and the most obvious Ramones songs.

Also I would mostly avoid any other bands on the bill (except Flash Express who played once and were always good) and would always hit the pizza place next door that had cheap slices and beer even as late as 2002 (try finding a bite to eat for under $20 in this neighborhood now aside from Subway). 

One of the shows the doorman came in, said you are going to the show tonight? Handed me some cash to bring him a slice and said I got you covered.

These shows were a lot of fun.



DEE DEE RAMONE
WEST HOLLYWOOD,CA:CAT CLUB
2002-01-05

Sony Clip On -> D8
DTC790 -> CDRW700 -> EAC -> FLAC

01. Do You Love Me
02. Don't Start Me Talkin'
03. Pills
04. Around And Around
05. Pirate Love
06. Carol
07. Locomotion
08. I Don't Care
09. Be My Baby
10. Chinese Rocks
11. Please Mr. Postman
12. Born To Lose
13. Shake Your Moneymaker
14. Twist And Shout
15. Pet Semetary
16. Sheena Is A Punk Rocker
17. I Wanna Be Sedated
18. Rockaway Beach
19. Beat On The Brat
20. Teenage Lobotomy
21. Blitzkrieg Bop

 

https://we.tl/t-8doXNACTrl



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neil Young & Crazy Horse (aka Neil Young & Santa Monica Flyers) @ The Roxy 2023-09-20 + 21

Last Call / Brief Intermission