Last Night For Rock 'N' Roll In LA (March 13, 2020)

A year ago was the last night for Rock N Roll in LA at my main hang the Redwood downtown and who knows when or if it will ever return (I mean yeah vaccine whatever but what will the landscape will be like?). Thankfully my last show was another one of my favorite bands, The Hangmen, who usually pack the place, but instead played to smaller core of die-hards. And I guess die-hards is right as it looks like we are all still here.

There were a few awkward almost handshakes, followed by elbow bumps and people were standing a bit further apart than is usually possible at a Hangmen show. Masks had yet to become part of the collective consciousness. Some of us knew it would be our last night out for awhile but we didn't know how long or how devastating it would be for some of us.

(Now I did go to one more private livestream event in December but it just made me realize how little I miss standing in a bar by myself for hours. I would still do it for The Hangmen but the list has grown considerably smaller in the last year.)






THE HANGMEN
LOS ANGELES, CA @ REDWOOD
2020-03-13

SP-CMC-4U -> A10 -> Soundforge -> FLAC

01. Death Valley
02. Loners, Junkies & Liquor Stores
03. Train
04. Nobody's Girl
05. She Walks
06. Rotten Sunday
07. Downtown
08. Railroad Man
09. Bent
10. Lookin' For Blood
11. Coal Mine
12. Russian Roulette
13. Blood Red
14. -intro-
15. Cactusville
16. Man In Black's Hand
17. Cold Memory Blues
18. Sex Beat (with David Duet)
19. My Way

https://we.tl/t-0mFYqvwq6x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neil Young & Crazy Horse (aka Neil Young & Santa Monica Flyers) @ The Roxy 2023-09-20 + 21

Last Call / Brief Intermission