Cheap Trick @ Shizouka, Japan 2001-04-03

CHEAP TRICK
SHIZOUKA, JAPAN @ SHIZOUKA SHIMIN BUNKA KAIKAN
2001-04-03

DSM6S/EL-> PA6LC3B-> SBM1-> D100 -> DAT Master -> DAT Clone -> CDRW700 -> EAC -> Soundforge -> FLAC

01. -intro-
02. Ain't That A Shame
03. Hot Love
04. Clock Strikes Ten
05. Downed
06. I Want You To Want Me
07. I Know What I Want
08. Wrong All Along
09. That 70's Song
10. Eight Miles Low
11. Oh Caroline
12. Heaven Tonight
13. Southern Girls
14. Surrender
15. Voices
16. Dream Police
17. Never Had A Lot To Lose
18. Goodnight

 https://we.tl/t-JGdifTAH9S

 

 You can read Kim Gisborne's excellent account of the 2001 tour here:


http://www.ctnewseurope.co.uk/japan2001.htm

 

One of my absolute favorite bands that I kinda burned out on way back when. Static setlists. Ever increasing ticket prices. Just never being able to top Oct 3 1998, still one of my favorite shows by anyone, ever. And now touring with a partial lineup. Kinda backburnered them at some point. So when I moved in 2009 it seemed like a good idea to send pretty much my entire tape and CD collection to be transferred or ripped and FLAC'd. It was a trusted trader of at least 10 years. Unfortunately I sent them straight into a black hole. I did get an offer a few years later to take everything back but passed on it because I was going to concerts pretty much every night and just wouldn't be able to manage it.

I don't really miss them but I do still have some DAT tapes that I can probably do better transfers with my computer than I did when it was just standalone only. And unlike most of my DAT tapes these actually have the recording info included, And I am getting requests for some of this stuff so look forward to more Cheap Trick in the future.

The setlists are always a bit more interesting in Japan so if anybody has any of the missing shows, especially 1988 and 1990 which are barely represented and perhaps some older shows please share. I've seen Osaka 1988 on maybe 2 tape lists but could never grab it. Also always interested in any LA area shows I don't have, especially 1980's shows I would only hear about. 

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neil Young & Crazy Horse (aka Neil Young & Santa Monica Flyers) @ The Roxy 2023-09-20 + 21

Last Call / Brief Intermission