Circle Jerks & Richard Meltzer @ Whisky A Go Go 1981-04-30 (acoustic set)

CIRCLE JERKS
WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA @ WHISKY A GO GO
1981-04-30

Cassette Master -> Untracked Aiff File -> Soundforge -> FLAC

01. -intro-
02. Beverly Hills
03. Put A Little Love In Your Heart
04. Wild In The Streets
05. -fiddle solo-
06. Red Tape
07. He's Got The Whole World In His Hands
08. I Just Want Some Skank
09. Louie Louie
10. Proud Mary

https://we.tl/t-v1rAxqXnj4

Acoustic set

Richard Meltzer is listed in the file name so maybe he is playing with them

Fresh out of the oven and current plans derailed as I go insane every time I even peek into the drive this came off of. Looting this collection relentlessly since 1994 and I feel like I have barely scratched the surface.

Still get surprised by what I stumble across, in this case it's the Circle Jerks playing acoustic night! Other people have this or a recording but no idea if they ever did anything like this other than this one time.

Comments

  1. I always thought of acoustic sets as yet another way of pleasing the audience with a variation of stuff that would, in its original form, not please or even put off a lot of people due to style, but this one I imagine to be different in that it is fun without the band pretending to be something it is not. Really recommended

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to this and did not hear any mention of Richard Meltzer.....doesn't mean he wasn't there...Keith (I think it was him) does play a fiddle solo ....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neil Young & Crazy Horse (aka Neil Young & Santa Monica Flyers) @ The Roxy 2023-09-20 + 21

Resources And Links