Mana @ Kia Forum 2023-05-27



Saturday night but I only had three soft maybes on the calendar but I Just Want To Have Something To Do and looked at OhMyRockness again for better options. Notice Mana, Mexico's biggest superstars are doing a show as part of an open ended residency at the Kia Forum. Never heard a note that I am aware of but if they can do 14 nights it's gotta be good. Coincidentally it was also my 14th consecutive night out.

I had just got in from hiking but cutting it close but hurry on down, using Google translate to teach myself just enough Spanish to get a ticket, and someone gives me one in the parking lot. Tijuana boy band Grupo Firme is also playing SoFi stadium, would have taken one of those too if offered. SoFi is the worst venue in LA and though I promise I would never set foot inside again, I think I could dig some Tijuana boy band if that was the only place to see them and the price was right. I could hear the screaming from the Forum's outer concourse when the lights went out.

It will be 40 years in August since my first Forum experience and I never seen the place so lit, not even for the Spice Girls in 1998. And the women, while not quite Daddy Yankee level, certainly wasn't Temple Of The Dog either.

The music was like the classic discography of The Police interpreted espanol from the early punked up classics to Sting's current solo slop and even an inflatable Dream Of The Blue Turtle descending from the ceiling. The last song sounded like a mash up of Every Breath You Take and Hysteria. The show was so classic rock I got to experience my first 10 minute drum solo in the Forum this century. Plenty of time to hit the head quick, and then get another Red Bull, which on an empty stomach also hit the head quick.

I was almost last row in the back but it was the best place to be to feel the full force of the crowd reaction. The sound was still good. I had a great time and really want to see them again, and I would recommend you do too if the opportunity presents itself. The kids really bring it when Mana comes to town.


MANA @ KIA FORUM 2023-05-27 (untracked wav)  https://we.tl/t-wOAhwyc7bx

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man%C3%A1




Comments

  1. http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=753211

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neil Young & Crazy Horse (aka Neil Young & Santa Monica Flyers) @ The Roxy 2023-09-20 + 21

Last Call / Brief Intermission