Mr Bungle + Melvins @ Hollywood Palladium 2023-05-11

 

I am a firm believer in allowing event tickets to be traded at full market value or whatever price the purchaser of the ticket asks. My lifestyle is funded on that premise. For this show the market value was established at minus one dollar because for 30 minutes between 7:50 and 8:20 I did my best to inform everyone near the entrance I would pay someone one dollar to take my extra ticket.

Not sure what that says about the concert or even the value of a dollar if I could not give one away in Hollywood, where you can't walk ten feet without someone asking asking you for a dollar.

A few times someone with a defeated look on their face would inform me they also have extra tickets. I sometimes added "it's my last dollar, help a brutha out." A club owner who can possibly use specialized promotional services watched me for ten minutes. I should hit him up.

Right before I was going to give up and go in, someone accepted the ticket, refused the dollar and gave me a blunt which I promptly took to the smoking patio, panhandled a lighter and sparked up. I left the roach on a ledge near the bar and went in. After the Melvins I went back and it was still there so I got a few more hits off it.

Though I usually treat staff with the utmost respect I ordered a Red Bull and can of water. Took a sip of the Red Bull and when informed of the cashless policy I said this changed from a transaction to a debt and according to the US Constitution legal tender cannot be refused for all debts public and private, slapped down a twenty and walked away.

The first Mr Bungle album changed my life. This version blows chunks. At least they played My Ass Is On Fire in the encore because though I say a band is free to play what it wants, in 2020 I thought selling tickets to a show with nothing off the first album constituted fraud.

Thanks to Eric for not only guiding me out the door as I had lost all sense of direction but for giving me a ride home too.

Enjoy!

MR BUNGLE (untracked wav) https://we.tl/t-4XEc7UK9uj
MELVINS (untracked wav) https://we.tl/t-nHSJxSnmp2
(SPOTLIGHTS - not recorded, not by me at least)


Comments

  1. Thanks. Enjoyed your write up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Bungle, I was hoping recordings would surface (and was initially sure you would be one of those creating them)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neil Young & Crazy Horse (aka Neil Young & Santa Monica Flyers) @ The Roxy 2023-09-20 + 21

Last Call / Brief Intermission