Whatever happens friends, always remember

 

Last September I got to fly all the way to Helsinki, Finland to see the original Hanoi Rocks for the first time in 40 years and possibly the last time. 

I already won the game of life. 

Really, no regrets whatsoever on my life trajectory because out of any place I could have gone or anyone I could have done or anyone I could be, Roman Emperor, President, Genghis Khan, Marilyn Monroe, CBGB 1975, black death, grassy knoll, there is no other place in all of human history I would have rather been than almost on the rail in front of the stage level outward facing monitor at Jäähalli September 23rd, 2022.

It was so intense and my memory is still so vivid I have yet to even listen to the recording because I am afraid it will dilute my memories and the experience.

My advice to you is to find something that makes you feel like that and go do it. 

Comments

  1. I agree, the other night I said to myself, stuff this, and got out a packet of frozen chips, cooked them and I ate the lot. No sharing, no guilt, not beans, just chips, salt and pepper and two buns. Yes, I did feel sick but I also felt great. The next morning not so much but that's life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I experienced some similar things, amongst which a concert by technical thrash band Watchtower in a huge hall somewhere in a sleepy Black Forest place before an audience of maybe 20 people - it felt like a private concert and the band still (or even more) gave its very best. Highly memorable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!! That is incredible. I’m so happy you were able to experience that! What a dream come true

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neil Young & Crazy Horse (aka Neil Young & Santa Monica Flyers) @ The Roxy 2023-09-20 + 21

Last Call / Brief Intermission