Shellac Pistols @ Chicago, IL 1998-10-31 (Shellac and David Yow) **link fixed**

Shellac and David Yow as the Sex Pistols
10-31-1998 Halloween
Lounge Ax, Chicago, IL

01 Holidays In The Sun
02 Bodies
03 Pretty Vacant
04 Seventeen
05 Sub-mission
06 New York
07 Anarchy In The U.K.
08 God Save The Queen


line-up:

Todd Trainer: Drums
Bob Weston: Bass
Steve Albini: Guitar
David Yow: Vocals


Here it is, the infamous "Shellac Pistols" bootleg (as I like to call it).  I gave a copy to Bob Weston years after it happened, and he gave it to at least one person who wound up putting it online in .MP3 format.  I figure now that it's been out there for a while, I might as well seed a .flac version here.


I recorded this using 2 PZM microphones > $70 Aiwa cassette walkman.  
Transfered it using my Nakamichi CD2 cassette deck in to my Dell computer.  Saved as .wav files, and converted to .flac (level 8)


Remember... this is just an audience recording on analog cassette.  I have not EQed this at all.  EQing it on playback helps a lot, but I wanted to seed the actual master.

No one knew that Shellac were going to play as the Sex Pistols.  David Yow came out on stage, and everyone freaked.  I've included a picture (the only one I've ever seen) taken at the show.  Some people were -complaining- after the show that they came to see Shellac, and didn't get to see them (since they didn't play through their normal instruments / amps, they sounded nothing like Shellac...).  These people are fools.  There were part of "indie rock history", and complaining about it.  The best part of the night was the fact that the guys never broke character.

-BadComrade  

https://we.tl/t-O6qj9A4FGH

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neil Young & Crazy Horse (aka Neil Young & Santa Monica Flyers) @ The Roxy 2023-09-20 + 21

Last Call / Brief Intermission