Cheap Trick @ Coach House 1987-12-27

 


Here are 2 different versions of the same show, most likely the first with Tom Petersson back. The second is a remaster but in spite of the notes it can't be any better than first gen because I borrowed the master tape off a different person than the claimed taper (who I see is on the actual taper's friend list). He says he had no idea Tom was going to be in the band and immediately bought a ticket

A lot of his stuff runs a little fast however.

I want more unreleased recordings from the lost years and LA area shows!

 

CHEAP TRICK
SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO,CA:COACH HOUSE
12/27/87
Early Show

first show with Tom Petersson back

Borrowed Cassette Master -> DTC790 (DAT) -> CDRW700 -> EAC -> FLAC Frontend Level 8
(probably recorded with D3 and standard mic)

01. Just Got Back
02. California Man
03. Speak Now Or Forever Hold Your Peace
04. Standing On The Edge
05. Aint That A Shame
06. Loser
07. Hot Love
08. If You Want My Love
09. I Know What I Want
10. Dream Police
11. On Top Of The World
12. Oh Caroline
13. He's A Whore
14. I Want You To Want Me
15. She's Tight
16. Gonna Raise Hell
17. Surrender
18. -Holiday Radio Spots-

My friend only brought one 90 minute and had planned on going to only one show but immedietly bought a ticket and went back inside.

Just the 4 guys with no keyboard player.  

Tape runs just a tad fast it sounds like but I don't know how to fix it. Still one of my favorite Cheap Trick shows and quite a find when I got it about ten years ago.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12A5TX1nPm_6DRXNR2DVExIMpWxb0-JQT?usp=sharing

 

Cheap Trick: 1987-12-27 San Juan Capistrano, CA USA Tom's First Show Back (Uncirculated) Master Cassette Re-Master

Cheap Trick
The Coach House
San Juan Capistrano, CA USA
December 27, 1987

Wayshway Remaster

FLAC Level 8

Track Listing
01. Just Got Back
02. California Man
03. Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace
04. Standing On The Edge
05. Ain't That A Shame
06. You're A Loser
07. Hot Love
08. If You Want My Love
09. I Know What I Want
10. Dream Police
11. On Top of The World
12. Oh Caroline
13. He's A Whore
14. I Want You To Want Me
15. She's Tight
16. Gonna Raise
17. Surrender
18. Robin Zander & Rick Nielson Christmas Greetings

Sony Walkman Cassette Recorder with External Condenser Microphones> JVC Cassette Player> Sony Vegas Pro 13> WAVE 24 bit> FLAC Level 8

My good friend Daniel Alexander recorded this show back in the 80's and recently sent me his master cassettes of 3 Cheap Trick shows he rechorded in 1986 and 1987.
This show is Tom Peterson's first show back with the band. I used a little bit of compression to balance out all the instruments.
I also added some low end. There is some minor tape hiss because I didn't want to use any noise filters and lose the clarity of the recording and mess with the integrity of the show.

I'll add a link later so you can download the art when I have time to finish it.
 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WKRnAj_0pz4JeojN0z9l0NT63A0FAFTC?usp=sharing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neil Young & Crazy Horse (aka Neil Young & Santa Monica Flyers) @ The Roxy 2023-09-20 + 21

Last Call / Brief Intermission