Vacation Alert / Some Updates And Musings



I am going out of town for a few days, may return shortly or if I sense any opportunities I might keep it all going. If I capture anything decent I might post the raw files while others, if successful may have to be kept under wraps for a bit for reasons of security and discretion.

Maybe I will be back in time to pick up where I left off when last year's housing crisis struck which will be anniversary posts off transfers off the mystery drive and masters folder. As it you are mainly just getting my playlist now and what I am going to have to play is the big missing chunk from the mystery drive when I just didn't want to deal with it last year. Finally started working on that again.

Afterwards I fully intend to enjoy my summer leaving less time for the blog. But we will see what really happens.

Afraid I also have to get much more selective on shows I attend. I have never really complained about the cost of mass market events as you can play those like the stock market. But now the "cheap" shows are running $40-60 and I just can't do that a few times a week anymore, or even in a month. I know the whole thing is driven by OCD / FOMO etc so that makes it a bit easier now that I know what I am really working with inside. Having a girlfriend, a cat and my own place as well as limitless media at my fingertips makes staying home much more tolerable. Recently I had fully intended to see Karl Denson's Tiny Universe, KMFDM and Pete Escovedo among others but when it came down to it I just stayed home and watched concert videos. I haven't "worked" since my ticket resale business unraveled in 2021 and while the motivation of getting involved in that was so I can afford to keep going to shows that the McJob could no longer cover, now I am primarily motivated by putting off getting another McJob for as long as possible.

I have been gradually adding to a list of resources that I should try to organize and post soon.

Comments

  1. Ticket prices have seem the same inflation as food & gas since the pandemic. It makes me much more selective as to where i go, which is a shame, since there are less known or new bands I might have once upon a time tried, but now I'm reluctant to buy a $30-50 ticket on someone I might walk out on at intermission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all you do. We will be here. Take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your uploads, have a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your vacation. Recharge, my bootleg brother. Don't burn out or fade away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for everything you do. Enjoy your well deserved respite. Safe travels my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the vacation !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the time, the summer and your life! Thanks for your generosity. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are appreciated! Enjoy some time away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy the rest. Will miss your daily posts but will be here every day waiting for your return. Yours is the best blog out there with such an eclectic mix and touching on some of the newer bands/singers as well as the more obscure from the past (Eyeliners anyone?). Chill and give the cat a pet for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the shares. You've filled some valuable holes in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for everything. You've posted things I never expected to see, and I'm grateful for those.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always thanks and happy travels

    ReplyDelete
  13. What's OCD/FOMO? Enjoy a well deserved holiday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obsessive compulsive disorder / Fear Of Missing Out

      Delete
  14. have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  15. can you reupload Aerosmith @ The Forum 2003-12-18
    this one ?

    ReplyDelete
  16. yeah it's easier to stay home and i pretty much only go to free shit now. lots of good free shit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. have a great summer, thanks for all the work you put into this

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neil Young & Crazy Horse (aka Neil Young & Santa Monica Flyers) @ The Roxy 2023-09-20 + 21

Last Call / Brief Intermission