Green Day / Smashing Pumpkins / Rancid / The Linda Lindas @ SoFi Stadium 2024-09-14 (raw wavs)

 
Green Day / Smashing Pumpkins / Rancid / The Linda Lindas @ SoFi Stadium 2024-09-14 (raw wavs)

all at https://pixeldrain.com/l/uHdpL53f

I don't see myself listening again any time soon and I wouldn't be surprised if something better turns up so just take this for now and do whatever. Anyway I had my fill of Green Day with the last 2 shows in 2021/2022 and I had my fill tonight after about 2/3 mark when I started to mentally check out but they are the dearly neglected's favorite band behind the Foo Fighters and I wasn't going to let this one get away from her. Now I did try to get her a single ticket in the same row as her sister to get myself something really cheap or give myself an opening to slither thru and get out of going but she wasn't having it. Good thing I didn't because they halved the prices on those tickets day of and I got us a pair for $89 in the general vicinity.

I was never a Green Day fan, a prior experience being watching 30 seconds during Lollapalooza 1994 and then laying down in the poetry tent. But nowadays I am all about the show and they put on a good one. Tonight I would have preferred another 100 minute set but there is no denying this is an incredible value for their fans.

The Linda Lindas were really fun and Rancid was great. Didn't care for them back then either but their music has aged really well. Smashing Pumpkins ... I like the first 2 albums and I don't like Billy. About 20 minutes in I even posted I hate to be "that guy" but you are in a stadium and this isn't necessarily your crowd. Maybe play something familiar and sell an extra shirt or 2. Apparently while I was typing that out they were playing U2's Zoo Station and I didn't recognize it.

We found parking across the street at the bargain price of "only" $50 but with events at both the Kia Forum and Intuit Dome and 100,000 people leaving the hood at the same time it took us over an hour to get out of there when it's usually 10 minutes to get out of the Forum lot and a bit longer when it's just SoFi.

Comments

  1. Pumpkins did play 10 singles in their set (so about 2/3 of it) so there is that... When they do covers they usually do in their own way instead of copying the original note to note. Anyway, thanks for taping and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything a single after 1996 or so would still be completely unrecognizable. Speaking of I remember kinda liking Melon Collie but I doubt I have listened since then and a lot of that would be unrecognizable by now. My GF and her sister were fans and last saw them in 1996 but they were talking about how boring it was. I think about half the times I had tickets intending to use I ended up finding an excuse to ditch them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Aerosmith (Best Of/By Request) **updated Aug 31**

Neil Young & Crazy Horse (aka Neil Young & Santa Monica Flyers) @ The Roxy 2023-09-20 + 21

back on Friday