Iron Maiden + The Hu @ Kia Forum 2024-10-08 (raw waves)

I don't even know if I will have any transfers of anything by Friday or if I will wanna listen to this again any time soon so here ya go.

I really wanted to make up for missing half the first song at Power Trip considering that was my last bucket list song except for whatever I missed in 2005 and 2012/2013. Tickets were just too expensive and they had a year to sell them all. Low price on remaining tickets $157.15 each. $2.15 more than I spent on a 3 day Power Trip pass.

This morning a friend asks if I wanna go half on a resale pair that was 195.50. More than I wanted to spend but I told him I will get the pair and if I can't sell the extra I will go. List it at a markup and it sells. A few more under $100 pairs turn up and I repeat the process until next thing you know it's not an expensive ticket for me anymore. I use to do this all day every day at volumes still unimaginable, a story that should be told someday. Now snapping up a few underpriced resale tickets to get myself in is about the only way I will fly and almost more than my fragile constitution will allow. And the perils were again obvious, while last time a seller got a refund and let the wristbands fly and this time I was nearly defrauded but still lost $3 in paypal fees after I just refunded the purchaser.

Was still teetering on the last ticket while at an instore. Which started late. Finally at the last minute I decided to leave on time and head out. The Hu was announced as an opener at some point and seeing them in an arena was a must after seeing 2 smaller shows in 2019. Best opening band I saw since Dio + Motorhead 2003 and went over really well with the crowd.

Next up was Iron Maiden, doing the exact same set as a year ago. Not sure if having to suffer 5 songs off Shitstew is a good trade off for 5 off Somewhere In Time but those sure are some highs to experience and I guess it could be worse, they could be playing all recent stuff with a smattering of hits as they have been known to do.

The energy sucked out of the crowd after the third song so much even The Prisoner didn't bring the people around me back to life. You would think there were still hundreds of tickets at the box office there were so many empty seats as people were beer running, smoke breaking, pissing and of course buying $50 T shirts.

There were some stirrings of life during Alexander The Great and everyone was fully awake during Fear Of The Dark. Not sure how a mediocre song off a flop album became a crowd favorite but that is one I would give a rest over Run To The Hills or any number of familiar songs they could have played.

That's about it for a review, if you know Iron Maiden, you know they play everything pretty flawlessy and give it their all while onstage. It's just what they choose to play any particular tour the quality of the show rests on. However for as expensive as tickets were they could have done a better finale Eddie. This one was birthday clown balloon animal quality. Pretty neat pyro display during whatever the fuck song that was in the encore.

Did feel bad for the guy on one side of me who just knew The Number Of The Beast was coming up and the guy on the other side of me who paid way too much to subsidize my ticket and was getting progressively restless and spending more time on his phone as the set dragged on. At least my friend gave me a ride home even if he won't find the Anthrax Long Beach Arena 1989 tape I have been asking for 33 years.

Enjoy!



https://pixeldrain.com/l/F1dyV9eB

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Band Of The Month: OASIS **FINAL 2024-10-10 with Round 10**

back on Friday

Last Call / Brief Intermission