Eric Clapton @ Pacific Amphitheatre 1985-07-22

 

LIMITED TIME / LAST TIME

https://pixeldrain.com/u/jmdc9hdq


Let's backtrack a few days. Really wanted to hear this again but all I had was a crummy CD-R rip. Got this off The Traders Den. This was my 2nd ever show but I wasn't quite at taping age. I was actually inquiring as early as Journey 1983 but my dad said it's not allowed and it won't sound good. I know there are soundboards from this tour but this one holds a special place. Love the soloing on Let It Rain. Liked Clapton pretty much "out of the cradle" but gets dull after awhile and I can't make a career out of listening to him. And like I said, last time I saw him I legit fell asleep. 

Enjoy!




Eric Clapton
Pacific Amphitheatre
Costa Mesa, CA
1985-07-22



source: analog audience recording
gen: 2nd
taper: ?
cassette provided by: jormajeff
transfer: cassette -> Tascam 202 MK VII -> Adobe Audition -> CDWave -> TLH (flac)
digital transfer/edit by mossa 2025-05 (24-48)


01  Tulsa Time
02  Motherless Children
03  I Shot The Sheriff
04  Same Old Blues
05  Tangled In Love
06  White Room
07  Steppin' Out (1)
08  Wonderful Tonight
09  She’s Waiting
10  She Loves You (2)
11  Badge
12  -> Let It Rain
13. Double Trouble
14  Cocaine
15  Layla
Encore:
16  Forever Man
17  Further on Up the Road


Band:
Eric Clapton – Guitar, Vocals
Tim Renwick – Guitar
Chris Stainton – Keyboards
Donald ‘Duck’ Dunn – Bass
Jamie Oldaker – Drums
Shaun Murphy – Backing Vocals, Lead Vocals (1)
Marcy Levy – Backing Vocals, Lead Vocals (2)
Stephen Bishop - Backing Vocals


Notes:
-  "Wonderful Tonight": muffled tape sound for the first 1:49 mins




Comments

  1. I caught this tour when he rolled through the Bay Area, Concord Pavilion. It was a fantastic show and luckily a very good soundboard came out, so I have a really good copy to listen to. Santana was in town a few days later in San Jose and I went to that show as well; and for Further On Up The Road, EC brought Santana on stage for a nice jam. Great memories! I've got a few years on you though as my first concert was in 1977. I've seen EC 5 times and he's always been good, but I do agree with you that he's not nearly as exciting to see as when he was in his 1980s time period. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Queen + Thin Lizzy @ Seattle, WA 1977-03-13

My Want List