Grand Funk Railroad @ Greek Theatre 1998-08-21
LIMITED TIME / LAST TIME
https://pixeldrain.com/u/XC1gS3xu
Grand Funk Railroad
1998-08-21
Greek Theatre
Los Angeles, Ca
Taped by Highdesert AKA BouldernBun
Location: Orchestra Section A - Row A - seat 9
Recorded at 16/48
This is the master audience dat tape
Previously uncirculated
Lineage:
Sony Ecm 959A >
Sony D8 >
Dat tape >
Tascam DA 40 >
Soundblaster Elite Pro Xfi Extreme>
hard drive >
Sound Forge (Volume bump,resample to 44.1,) >
TLH Flac level 8
Tapers Notes: Hey - it is my birthday (in most parts of the world anyways), summertime, 4th of July is right around the corner.. What better time for some Grank Funk?
15+ months after the reunited GFR played the Greek with the Sarajevo Symphony (1997-05-02) , they returned for an encore.
I really prefer this show/tape over the 1997 show even though that show was really good and this tape is not without its own faults.
This is a stripped down Grand Funk. No orchestra, no special guest slots, no sidemen, just Grand Funk doing what they do best. I thought about
putting an EQ'd version of this up but I'll let you adjust to your taste instead. The old ECM 959A mic really makes Mel shine.
You could tone Mel down a bit but ..WHY would anyone want to tone down Mel Schacher? Your better bet, imho, is to turn other
frequencies up. But to each his own, that is why I left it alone and did not EQ. This tape could have easily been a complete disaster
(as you will notice). I had the world champion whistler right behind me. LOUD! But the Gods were smiling (or maybe Art or my wife
gave him the stink eye or worse. Who knows). But other than a couple instances during the 1st few seconds or last few seconds of
a song the grand champion whistler was well..inexplictably, quiet. Not so between songs but very little of the music was affected. For that I, and we, should all
thankful. So without further ado, Hear :) is the group you've been waiting to see Grand Funk Railroad!
Setlist:
1) 2001 Intro -
Are You Ready
2) Rock n Roll Soul
3) Footstompin' Music
4) Time Machine
5) Paranoid -
Limousine Driver
6) Heartbreaker
7) Shinin' On
8) TNUC
9) Inside Looking Out
10) Locomotion
11) American Band
Break
12) Mean Mistreater
13) Some Kind Of Wonderful
14) Bad Time -
Closer To Home
15) Gimmie Shelter -
2001 Outro
The Band:
Mark Farner
Mel Schacher
Don Brewer
Tapers Request:
Keep trades lossless and complete. If you sell this I pray you die a long agonizing death, scum
Thank you!
ReplyDelete