Rolling Stones @ Toronto, ON 2002-08-16 (ALD)
I can't believe I never posted as it's one of my favorite Stones shows and here we have the full story
https://pixeldrain.com/u/BchUYVJS
The Rolling Stones
2002-08-16
The Palais Royale
Toronto, Ontario
Good ALD recording, 72:43, B+
Lineage: ALD > MD > CDR > HD > edit > flac(8)
Equipment: Sharp MD-MT8431 minidisc recorder
Transfer: Sharp MD-R1 > M-Audio SC via spdif > wav1644 > edit + track > flac(8)
This concert recording has been bootlegged severally, but I don't buy bootleg recordings (except at
rummage sales) and I haven't seen this around, though I am sure all the Stones fans have copies of or
from the Phoenix Label bootleg "Rock the Palais". I gave this to a Stones fiend/friend and he told me
it sounds better than his CDR rip of "Rock the Palais" though it is in all likelihood from the same ALD
source.
I was not inside the venue while making this recording, but nearby in a park so the sound quality may
have suffered. I actually made this recording to prove a point to my friend, Paul Tucker, who did not
think it possible to record the ALD transmission from outside a venue -- but I had already about 25
minidisc recordings that proved otherwise. I think he just wanted me to record this Stones show for him
so I did. He brought snacks and treats and we ate at a picnic table while monitoring the recording. Nobody
was screaming in our ears and my friend just could not stop grinning. Nor I, once we fired up desert.
01 Introduction (1:12)
02 It's Only Rock and Roll (4:37)
03 Sad Sad Sad (4:30)
04 If You Can't Rock Me (3:34)
05 Stray Cat Blues (3:39)
06 Hot Stuff (4:30)
07 Don't Stop (4:19)
08 Honky Tonk Women (4:59)
09 Torn and Frayed (5:00)
10 Wild Horses (5:18)
11 Happy (4:29)
12 I Can't Turn You Loose (5:00)
13 Heart of Stone (4:18)
14 Can You Hear Me Knockin'? (6:52)
15 Jumpin' Jack Flash (5:05)
16 Brown Sugar (5:14)
The Usual Suspects (as they were billed for this 'secret gig').
Mick, Keith, Ronnie, Charlie -- no idea about the rest of the band but it includes a horn section,
keyboardist and backup singers.
Thank you
ReplyDelete