The Cult @ House Of Blues 1999-08-20

 
https://pixeldrain.com/u/M2Ps6bPk

 

the date should be 1999 and it's probably webcast 


THE CULT - 1998-08-20 Los Angeles House Of Blues SBD (FIXED)

Thanks to dougieballs, who uploaded this, among several other Cult shows in the last week or so. This was banned due to the lack of leading zeroes on tracks 1 through 9*, after being snatched 42 times. This corrects that flaw.

*"Contra bonos mores. The tracks are not numbered correctly and therefore do not sort in proper playback sequence."

I'd intended to re-up with no other changes, so anyone who had already nabbed this could add the zeroes to their file names, and only need the new md5 file when rejoining the swarm.

However, I noticed some loud clicks at the beginnings and ends of several tracks, and when I looked into the cause, found from 100 to 350 zero samples at or near the beginning or end of many tracks. In addition, the whole file set had a DC offset of something like 20%. So, a lot of manual editing, normalizing DC offset, and a little retracking later, here's the end result. I made no other volume or tone adjustments. Because it sounds really good, as I think the lo-fi sample attests.

As for the set list, Track 01 seems to be a prerecorded two minute introductory prelude with orchestral instruments and choral voices, then tracks 02 through 16 are the 15 Cult songs listed below. The sound is very nice, I can believe it's a soundboard, and a well balanced, enjoyable mix, at that!

***** ORIGINAL NOTES *****

The Cult played 5 sold-out nights at the House Of Blues in Los Angeles, CA during their 1999 Cult Rising reunion tour. This is the 2nd night, right from the soundboard feed.

SETLIST

01 (Intro)
02 Lil' Devil
03 Sun King
04 Rain
05 In The Clouds
06 Edie (Ciao Baby)
07 Fire Woman
08 The Witch
09 Peace Dog
10 New York City
11 Revolution
12 Sweet Soul Sister
13 Wild Flower
14 She Sells Sanctuary
15 Phoenix
16 Love Removal Machine





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Queen + Thin Lizzy @ Seattle, WA 1977-03-13

Rush @ Kia Forum 2026-06-07