ZZ Top @ South Yarmouth, MA 1981-06-20 (SB)
this is great, gonna listen again
https://pixeldrain.com/u/bA6J8diQ
ZZ Top
20 June 1981
Venue: Cape Cod Coliseum
Location: South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
Source: Soundboard (Master)
Lineage: TDK SA-C90 Type II cassette > Nakamichi DR-1 (azimuth adjustment) > Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD > Audacity (24-96) > FLAC 6
Track Listing:
01 Intro
02 Groovy Little Hippie Pad
03 Waitin' For The Bus
04 Jesus Just Left Chicago
05 I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide
06 Don't Tease Me
07 I Wanna Drive You Home
08 Ten Foot Pole
09 Manic Mechanic
10 Heard It On The X
11 A Fool For Your Stockings
12 Pearl Necklace
13 Cheap Sunglasses
14 Arrested For Driving While Blind
15 Beer Drinkers And Hell Raisers
16 Party On The Patio
17 Mexican Blackbird
18 Jailhouse Rock
19 La Grange
20 Tush
21 Outro Music
Notes:
Here is an uncirculated soundboard recording, capturing the ZZ Top concert in South Yarmouth during their El Loco tour (El Loco-Motion tour) in 1981. Not even an audience recording of this show has circulated previously. I should also note that while the internet also lists a second show at this location on June 21, I've seen no evidence of that in any contemporary newspapers, only the June 20 show (which is the same date written on the tape).
There doesn’t seem to be that many ZZ Top live recordings circulating in general, whether from the soundboard or audience. When speaking strictly of the the El Loco tour (May 1981 - Jan 1983), as far as I could see, there are only seven available audience recordings, and two shortened televised performances. Therefore this new recording would be the very first soundboard to surface from the tour, and to make it even better, the recording is complete without any cuts. We even get the outro music after the band walked off stage, that being the song "Messages" from electronic band Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark.
About five months ago, we released the Kansas City 1980 soundboard and promised that others from the Deguello tour would soon be coming. I can assure that is still the plan, I've just had no choice but to take a lengthy break from most tape-related projects. However, when I learned that Frank Beard passed away, I forced myself to get this surprise 1981 tape ready for immediate release. So with that being said, I think this very rare piece of ZZ Top history is a fitting tribute to Frank - rest in peace.
Enjoy the music and be grateful we are able hear these special recordings. If you have uncirculated tapes, please consider sharing them before they end up forever lost to time.
thanks so much for this great concert!!
ReplyDeleteWow! This recording is great! RIP Mr Beard! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteThank you. I'm glad to have a great soundboard recording from this tour.
ReplyDeleteThank you
ReplyDelete