The Faces + Mott The Hoople @ Medicine Ball Caravan 1970-08-31 (SB)



LIMITED TIME / LAST TIME

https://pixeldrain.com/l/FxoKiaCy


Find Charlie Miller on Facebook and donate if you dig this, I just did, whenever a lot of new tapes are unearthed it can get quite expensive fixing gear and shipping them around. Between this and the Jefferson Airplane release last week it's worth following him even if you're not listening to the Dead (I did play thru the 2 Dominguez Hills 1990 shows recently though it took a few weeks, I still dig the In The Dark era thru Summer 1990 and wanted to go to those)

Same weekend as Isle Of Wight!


The Faces - August 31, 1970
Charlton Park, Bishopsbourn, Kent, UK
Medicine Ball Caravan

Recording Info:
SBD > Master Reel (7" reels 1/2-track 7.5ips)

Transfer Info:
Master Reels (Technics RS-1500 / Wired Out Flux Magnetics Head) >
Doshi EVO Tape Preamp > Tascam DA-3000 (DSF 1-bit/5.6MHz)

Mastering Info:
Tascam Hi-Res Editor (WAV 24-bit/96k) > iZotope RX11 Advanced >
Samplitude Pro X6 Suite > FLAC/24
(1 DVD FLAC)

Recorded by Bob Matthews
Transferred by David Minches
Remixed and Mastered by Charlie Miller
charliemiller87@earthlink.net
September 10, 2026

Notes:
-- The show was billed as Small Faces
-- I used iZotope to remix the vocals
-- Thanks to Janet Matthews for giving me Bob's tapes

Setlist:
01 - You're My Girl (I Don't Want To Discuss It)
02 - Maybe I'm Amazed
03 - Devotion
04 - Around The Plynth >
05 - Gasoline Alley >
06 - Around The Pynth
07 - It's All Over Now
08 - I Feel So Good


SHNTOOL OUTPUT:
    length     expanded size    cdr  WAVE problems  fmt   ratio  filename
     7:00.597     242264114 B   cxx   --   ---xx   flac  0.6121  01 You're My Girl (I Don't Want To Discuss It).flac
     5:07.120     176901344 B   cxx   --   ---xx   flac  0.6029  02 Maybe I'm Amazed.flac
     7:05.984     245367038 B   cxx   --   ---xx   flac  0.5838  03 Devotion.flac
     6:05.033     210259334 B   cxx   --   ---xx   flac  0.6478  04 Around The Plynth.flac
     2:00.807      69585002 B   cxx   --   ---xx   flac  0.6253  05 Gasoline Alley.flac
     1:38.874      56951534 B   cxx   --   ---xx   flac  0.6257  06 Around The Plynth.flac
     8:03.358     278414498 B   cxx   --   ---xx   flac  0.6041  07 It's All Over Now.flac
     5:15.669     181825118 B   cxx   --   ---xx   flac  0.5973  08 I Feel So Good.flac
    42:17.444    1461567982 B                            0.6092  (8 files)


Mott The Hoople

August 31, 1970
Charlton Park, Bishopsbourn, Kent, UK
Medicine Ball Caravan

Recording Info:
SBD > Master Reel (7" reels 1/2-track 7.5ips)

Transfer Info:
Master Reels (Technics RS-1500 / Wired Out Flux Magnetics Head) >
Doshi EVO Tape Preamp > Tascam DA-3000 (DSF 1-bit/5.6MHz)

Mastering Info:
Audio Gate (DSF > 24/96)
Adobe Audition 2026

Recorded by Bob Matthews
Transferred and mastered by David Minches
September 2026

-- Thanks to Janet Matthews for giving me Bob's tapes
-- Thanks to Charlie Miller for procuring the reels

01. Darkness Darkness
02. Laugh At Me
03. Rock and Roll Queen
04. Thunderbuck Ram
05. Half Moon Bay
06. Keep A-Knockin'


Ian Hunter – Lead vocals, piano, rhythm guitar
Mick Ralphs – Lead guitar, vocals
Pete Overend Watts – Bass, vocals
Verden Allen – Organ, vocals
Dale "Buffin" Griffin – Drums, vocals




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Queen + Thin Lizzy @ Seattle, WA 1977-03-13

My Want List