A Note For New Users

Anything can be reposted or torrented anywhere with or without credit. Torrents are just a pain for me. It was once the fastest distribution model but I can put up a dozen or so shows on WeTransfer in the time it takes to get a single torrent seeded. I can't even get torrents to work on my main computer which is why you're not seeing me post on Dime much but I do appreciate those of you who take the time as for many people that remains their only source. I still love seeing these turn up there and reading the comments.

But most importantly, please don't scroll to anything posted prior to December 1st. I went and deleted a bunch of posts but I am so flooded with repost requests (including one person who sent enough requests that it would constitute several days of dedicated work) that I am mostly just ignoring them. It got too time consuming and unwieldy to try to delete any more. So I am just going to pretend they are not there for now.

If not for the kind donor allowing the posts to stay active longer I probably would have packed it in as I do not have the means and ability to run a full time on demand service. But I also don't want to disappoint friends and fans as I am still that person who just has to have this or that.

Not sure why the Supergrass links are expired but I think at one point the defaults flipped back to 4 weeks on WeTransfer on some shows but at the top of the post I did say limited time, last time. On other forums I did say to make any repost requests directly to the group.

A good place for repost requests is Guitars101 request forum. Anything I have posted I can no longer be assumed to be the only person in possession.

Anniversary posts were kind of a novelty for the Facebook groups but they provide a nice model for deciding what to post when overwhelmed with the size and scope as well as on how to approach the remaining few thousand shows to be transferred from the mystery drive. Also a nice model for having to figure out what day it is.

If anyone wants to break mores and offer a little bribe it will have to be at my calculated 2019/2021 hourly rate which is what is basically allowing me to pretend to be retired and travel the world. 

That said, I am flattered so many people will take the time to download and especially listen to any show me or my friends recorded. We are living in an on demand media universe with so many choices. It was once all music all the time for me but now that is being crowded out by podcasts, YouTube history videos and the like. Enjoy, share freely and if you have any rare recordings buried in your closet, now is the time to dig them out and share while there is still anyone alive who cares. 


(I highlighted the important part, as I don't expect anyone to read all this)

Comments

  1. I read it all. Thanks for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work, much appreciated ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the massive amount of material you've shared, and understand the hassle of putting up dozens and dozens of reseeds, while also putting out additional transfers. Here's an idea, which might not be workable, so everyone is welcome to poke holes in it or suggest improvements. Why not have a separate post, something like "Reseeds-- Users Helping Users." People could post a request or two, and if someone else has it, the second person could post a WeTransfer link. Like I might post

    Joe Ely Band @ Hollywood Palladium 1979-10-11
    Texas Tornadoes @ The Amphitheatre, Long Beach, CA 1990-08-11

    and if someone had a requested recording, they could post a WeTransfer link and I and anyone else interested could grab it.

    Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea but that's probably a better idea for a message board interface and not something I would be interested in managing. I don't want anything resembling work or responsibility, I am staying home doing stuff like this all day because I am avoiding responsibility. I also sometimes have a big problem commenting and replying to comments here. (See I can't get my name to show up here)

      Delete
  4. I only discovered this blog less than a month ago so I missed many good shows but I also discovered bands The Ringleaders and rediscovered Pat Todd and The Humpers, SNFU etc.
    This Is one of my most anticipated daily routines and almost every day I find something that I like.
    I'm not going to bother you with repost requests but please keep this going as you see it fit, it is greatly appreciated.
    paprick on Dime

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Blog and I appreciate all the music post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. maybe you should try to upload as many shows as possible on archive.org, this way you'll be sure the links won't be dead soon. slsk could also be a good way to have the shows online without much work on your side. anyway, thanks again for this blog, i'm still amaze of what you're able to pull off those mystery drives lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for doing this!! Firemt66

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the whole text.
    Just wanted to thank you once more for the time, effort, dedication and generosity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Much Appreciated for your time & efforts over the years, & it's always a pleasure to be able to re-share your tapes on dime & elsewhere...
    Darkorb...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you sharing all these shows!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for the Lasse Marhaug recently. You put up some great stuff, especially appreciato for those of us who live in the far hinterlands

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your site, i'm an old bootleg-junkie since 1986, you're doin Great! All the best!/JJ Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read it all and I am very grateful for your posts. They mean a lot when you're stuck at the arse end of the planet trying to avoid a deluge of country music!!! Much respect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for takin the time to post these bootlegs. You've played a big part in my Aerosmith collection. I used to have a huge Aerosmith vault, but I lost it in a hard drive malfunction about 10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  15. gay post KYS please

    ReplyDelete
  16. Many thanks for all your work, highly appreciated !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neil Young & Crazy Horse (aka Neil Young & Santa Monica Flyers) @ The Roxy 2023-09-20 + 21

Last Call / Brief Intermission