Billy Strings @ Greek Theatre 2023-05-19

 

Another sold out show, another show with $10 secondary market tickets and people everywhere outside unable to give theirs away. But I did kindly accept one offer. This is happening so much I am actually afraid the brokers are gonna go bankrupt. And if that happens, it will make Ticketmaster almost a monopoly.

The crowd is almost totally Deadhead but Dead And Company are at the Forum tonight. Why do these idiots keep doing this shit?

It did give me ample opportunity to troll everyone with a Dead shirt.

"Not going to see John Mayer tonight?

"Tomorrow"

"Why?"

Grateful Dead with a bloody vagina. Estrogen overload isn't the suitable replacement for Jerry. Nothing is really, except maybe 3 more hot shots.

A few people tried to talking to me about Phish, who to this day I have yet to hear a single note of and said as much.

This show brought out a rough crowd. I thought someone died a few rows behind but they hit him with Narcan and he bounced right up, standing perfectly erect but staring right at me with Frankenstein eyes. And earlier that night I wanted to go to the lobby and get a straw so many people were smoking what I assumed was just weed.

You can hear the nitrous balloons start wheezing at the 2:48:00 mark sold by what looked like gang members.

I usually don't like the Greek but they have Nitro Cold Brew now. I might have to start coming here more often. No Red Bull though, the bartender told me it was making people get too crazy.

I am just enjoying myself and the show, cutting a bit looser than usual tonight and making friends with my neighbors as I do believe he streams everything anyway. So completists only. And I am sure there are a lot, this show could have doubled as an OCD support group.

For Billy Strings I would recommend nights 1 & 2 in Winston-Salem. Night one was Doc Watson's 100th Birthday and night two was a regular Billy Strings show.

Texting people all night but my phone kept trying to autocomplete to Billy Idol. Did he die?

Enjoy!

BILLY STRINGS @ GREEK THEATRE 2023-05-19 (raw wav)   https://we.tl/t-Rzo2Qf0Qwb


Comments

  1. It reminds me of when I went to a Spin Doctors show last year and these four people in front of me were either swingers or really into incest because they kept calling each other Mommy and Daddy. They also kept passing around a joint with each other by mouth. Yes one of them was wearing a Deadhead shirt. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That night sounds frightening! It's too bad; these jam-grass musicians deserve better. they are seriously gifted players, but they attract the nitrous balloon crowd instead of the serious music crowd. Look, I used to do nitrous straight out of the tank twenty years ago, but how does 30 seconds of uncontrolled laughter make a concert better? Not only that, but people like the Mommy and Daddy foursome are the reason why I won't go to jam shows even though I love some of the bands. I'd rather get really high in my own house and crank a Spafford show than be cramped in a club with 500 people who make the beautiful plant look bad with their idiotic behavior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saw Billy right after in San Diego at SDSU. No balloons there. Only balloons I saw were by the sobriety table. Did have some crazed partiers in front of us. I won't start ranting about talking at shows non-stop while the band is on stage ripping n it up. They did offer to share so I'll give them that. I ended up moving a few rows back. Hope I wasn't that obnoxious when I was in my 20's.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neil Young & Crazy Horse (aka Neil Young & Santa Monica Flyers) @ The Roxy 2023-09-20 + 21

Last Call / Brief Intermission